If we have learned anything, in these last 13 days - it is that breath patterns are important. If we
breath in a shallow way, we give the main breathing muscle no way to use its full potential. When we hold our breath in fear or anxiety (and this happens more often than we think), we inhibit the side of the nervous system that could actually help us stay calm. With a less calm nervous system, we have more of a racing mind and potential for dis-ease in the body. Inefficient breathing is just a mere habit that we have formed over time through life’s stressors.
This is why these mini mindful moments suggest focusing on breath. We can break poor patterns!
Prepare your space. Make the intention, no matter where you are (car seat, bed, in company, in nature, or alone) to focus only on your mini-mindful meditation for the next 1-2 minutes.
1. Exhale and say to yourself “This time is important for me.” Inhale through your nose.
2. Exhale, thinking: “I am excellent at efficient breathing patterns.” Inhale.
3. Exhale: “My controlled, prolonged breath feels good to me.” Inhale.
4. Exhale, “I am healthy. I am strong. I am centered.” Inhale.
5. Exhale, “I make time to alter habits for healthful living.” Inhale.
6. Exhale slowly. Inhale fully. Mindfully do this as many times as you need to complete your mmm.
“Your mind will take the shape of what you frequently hold in thought, for the human spirit is colored by such impressions”. - Marcus Aurelius.
Thank you for practicing M3’s with me!