Now this one is a test of pure discipline! YOU CAN DO THIS MMM ANYWHERE AND ANYTIME, BUT I SUGGEST DOING IT RIGHT AS YOU SIT DOWN TO EAT LUNCH BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR FIRST BITE”
Please note: Today is AUDIO only. Press PLAY to begin.
Next time your tummy is rumbling; you think you are starving and you are about to cram whatever food item into your mouth...do the following instead: Stop.
Take the time to be mindful first (just for one minute).
Did you know that the medical field originally thought there were 2 brains but decided to spend more money and time researching the cranium vs. the gut. There are many times your stomach will tell you what you are needing the most: protein, grain, fat, fructose. We just need to slow down enough to listen. Wanna try this with me?
Make you intention to give your attention to the mini mindful moment exercise and find a comfortable, quiet place to sit.
1. Exhale out of your mouth a slow, releasing breath. Close your eyes and inhale with gratitude that you live in a time where you can almost have anything your heart desires to satisfy that hunger. Exhale. Inhale.
2. Listen to the sound of your breath as you exhale softly out of your mouth. Inhale a nice, full breath feeling your abdominal area and ribcage expand.
3. Listen again to the calm, slow breath as you exhale. Inhale and begin to think about the many things you might want to eat.
4. Breath out calmly. Inhale and listen to little nudges you may be getting from your second brain. Exhale again. Maybe it is telling you to fix something else, reach in a different drawer, or sip on water first. Inhale- listen.
5. Exhale a prolonged breath knowing that you are about to feed your hunger. Inhale to the decision of what you will satiate your body with at this moment. You may need a couple more exhales and inhales to make your decision.
6. Open your eyes proud that you have taken the moment to breath and be mindful to the needs of your body.
Enjoy WHATEVER it is that you have chosen to eat with no regrets and second thoughts!
Thanks for slowing down and being mindful with me!