#9: Moon - Full & Gentle
The 100% “full”moment of this April’s super moon happened in the northern hemisphere
pm yesterday. But, we have approximately three days of seeing this “full moon” /“pink moon” /super moon! Lets use this MMM, to honor the purposeful, nurturing, encouraging, receptive qualities of this full moon!
Sit up tall, in a quiet and comfortable place. Please set your intention to find inner calmness for this next 4 minutes. We are starting with a technique to get the body to relax, to feel the body release. Here goes:
1. Tighten everything on your face and upper body. Squeeze your fists, your shoulders, your eyes and tighten your jaw. Squeeze a breath IN and as you exhale….Release everything. Release your eye tension, your jaw, and feel your hands still uncurling and releasing.
2. Breath in again and on your next breath out, continue to soften… the eyes, the face, the shoulders, the hands, the fingers. Notice the difference in the tight feeling and in the lighter feeling.
3. Continue to slowly breath in and out as I read to you a poem from a book called Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi. “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.”
4. Make your exhales long, slow and smooth out of the mouth. Let the sound usher in an acceptance for our dark moments. Full moons can amplify the suffering from past emotions and wounds. Let the smooth out breath release harshness; let go of anything that is ready to release.
5. Let each inhale through the nose, be a breath of light. Let these breaths usher in a gentleness toward yourself, a gentleness towards everyone you encounter. For everyone is trudging through some type of light and dark to reach the end of their journey.
6. Any time you feel the tense feeling derived from anger emotions, perhaps you will notice the rigidity and you can use your breath to soften the body, release the mind, and honor the gentle, purposeful, encouraging qualities of the moon.